Followers

Apr 6, 2010

our favorite palabok

There are lots of Filipino foods that I really miss. When my husband was in Philippines, I asked him to take pictures on different foods that he could see or eat.

When he was in my family’s house second time around, it was the 3rd month birthday of Aquinnah. Gina bought some snacks from Amber restaurant. This is what we really love and our all time favorite…palabok.

I really hope I can eat it next time we will be in Philippines. I love it and it's really yummy...

6 comments:

Lina Gustina said...

I've never eaten this...but it looks yummy. Eggs and shrimps, right?

teJan said...

heheh...kala ko naman nagluto ka nito kc kng ganun talagang pupunta ako jan...heheh! yap..like palabok too!

FaYe said...

jen, you don't need to wait for long to eat palabok, use palabok mix. i make palabok twice a month using mama sita palabok sauce. i add chicharon,eggs, spring onions, shrimps,and that's yummy. my kids love it.

Gin Hansson said...

Thanks friends for the footprints..

I really like palabok but unfortunately i dont know how to cook it and i dont know where i can find all the ingredients here in Sweden..hahaha

FaYe said...

I am sure that there is a filipino store in the big cities. ask your friend if they go to the city to buy it for you.
mama sita palabok sauce is very easy to make. u just add 2-1/2 cups water and stir until sticky. for the noodles, use the white noodles (bihon in bisaya) not the sotanghon.boiled the bihon until soft and then strain. pour the sauce on top and decorate it the rest of the ingredients and there you have a YUMMY PALABOK.

i♥pinkc00kies said...

yummy.. love it too with lots of egg and shrimps! :D any pancit-- i love..